FragranceNet.com
Origins Online (ELC)

Monday, June 8, 2009

Professional advice on choosing sunscreen

The summer has finally arrived (in the Northern hemisphere) and the sun is bright and warm and… dangerous... We all know about the risks of excessive sun exposure and the necessity to wear sunscreen but I know many people have troubles choosing the right sunscreen so I was searching the Internet for some good guidelines on this. I was lucky to find a great article written by Darrell Gonzales, M.D., a dermatologist with Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla, California: http://www.scripps.org/news_items/3420-sunscreen-101-what-you-need-to-know-to-protect-your-skin

It’s an excellent article because it is not written by a cosmetic company trying to promote its products but by a dermatologist, it is very well written and easy to follow.

From my personal experience I would like to share with you information on a product that I’ve tried and really like. I am allergic to sun and I get red itchy spots all over my body if I don’t use a good sunscreen so my preferred product is La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 60 Melt in Sunscreen Lotion: La Roche Posay Anthelios 60 Melt In Sunscreen Lotion
Things I like about it are:
- It is or all skin types, especially normal to dry and good for sensitive like mine
- It is fast absorbing, non-greasy
- It gives high UVA protection (PFA 26) and SPF 60 for outdoor use
- It is water-resistant, fragrance-free and PABA-free

I also use La Roche Posay brand baby sunscreen on my baby (they have a special product for babies, the one described above is for adults) and neither of us ever had any allergic or any other adverse reactions, never been sun burnt either!

Where to buy and save:
has this product in stock and it also has several fantastic promotions going on right now:
1. Save 10% EVERY DAY: code SSM18447 (NO expiration)
2. FREE shipment on orders $49+ (NO expiration)
3. They send you FREE product samples with every shipment
4. You can join Skinstore rewards program for FREE and earn 1 point for each 1 USD spent (excluding tax and shipment). Each 300 points earn you a 30 USD Rewards Certificate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GNHNVDV18343828